Become a cat fosterer
We’re always looking for volunteers living in the area to become cat fosterers for the Paws Protect service.
There are some great benefits to being a Paws Protect Volunteer Fosterer. Here are just some of them:
• you’ll be helping a family and their cats to escape an abusive environment
• having the enjoyment of caring for a cat without a lifetime commitment
• the opportunity to develop new skills and expand your knowledge of cat welfare
• you’ll have all food and expenses covered by the Paws Protect service
If you'd like to speak to someone about becoming a fosterer, call the Paws Protect team on 0345 260 1280 or email email@example.com
What happens next?
Once you've made contact with us, we'll send you an application form. To progress to the next stage, there are some criteria you must meet.
• you must live in one of the areas we cover
• you must not have any other large pets such as cats or dogs
• if you don't own your own property, you must have permission from your landlord to foster cats
The next stage is a home visit, which gives us a chance to meet you, ask and answer any questions you or we may have and ensure your home is suitable. You'll be sent a fosterer pack if successful, which includes a Paws Protect handbook.
What details do I need to give?
You'll need to fill in a criminal convictions form and sign a fosterer agreement, which lays out our obligation and yours.